Friday 15 June 2007

Happy Birthday to my Driving License!


It was exactly a year and a day ago when i was inside this honda civic taking the test that made me nervous beyond measure. I turned the ignition key and the car purred into life.


My tester was a feisty and irritable old man, and he smelled of cigarette smoke. I ought to have wind down the window and told him in his face that he stank and i needed the fresh air. Fortunately i didn't do that otherwise i wouldn't have witnessed the birth of my driving license on the 14 june 2006.

It actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise that my tester was quite pissed off with his day(although it was only 10am in the morning). He didn't even bother to let me drive through the entire test route, I went out for a little spin on Bukit Batok Road, did a U turn and i knew i had passed when he told me to go straight back to the Driving centre. I could tell he needed another smoke to clear his system of the clean air coming out from the air conditioner.

I had this really impish grin on the drive back (when you force yourself to quit smiling but can't, you know its the endorphines(is that correct?) in overdrive. ) So the most hilarious thing happened at the traffic light junction when i looked at the tester on the way back(I was still grinning like an idiot). Grumpy old man gave me the look and said nonchalantly, "So happy ar, later I fail you then you know." My balls were in my mouth, they practically flew.

Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY driving license and Bye bye P plate!
Cheers

No comments: