Thursday 12 July 2007

12 July 07


The Fantastic 4

Rag was a relatively lonely affair today. 6 Freshies came down for it. Thankfully, 4 were from trojan(Shen, Wan Qing, Ming Hui and me).

Photowhoring was the main attraction of the day again. Considering that there weren't any other engaging activities we could participate in, we became quite engrossed and compelled to take photos of ourselves. Memories can be such fickle buddies. They often leave you stranded, when you seek them. Photos can provide the window for us to reach back to them since they capture significant moments in time and create a permanent imprint of that instant. Seriously, photowhoring is a very healthy activity that people should all partake in. alright alright, i'm just trying to justify myself. haha.

Wan Qing wanted to see her King Edward Hall. So I led them up a shuttle bus which I thought would lead us to it. Took them all for an orientation around the whole campus. Aren't you all grateful? I'm sure you all(wq, shen, mh) loved the roundabout trip right. =P oops, i'm just trying to justify my mistake. haha. Honestly, I had no idea we took the bus on the wrong side. But hey, at least the mistake was made now instead of during the school term when you could be late for lessons. As the saying goes, we can always look at a glass as half full or half empty, its how you view the positives. That matters most. Well, after some 25mins, we successfully navigated our way to the hall. Looks quite ulu and a little old. Oh, wq I think I heard rumours of peeping toms there? lol. So remember to lock your doors ya, security security. Well, hope you find your ideal guy there.


PGPR
Next we took a stroll to Prince George's Park residence. Nus's very own condominium style residence. The architectural design of the residence looks really solid and modern. There's also quite an excellent view of the port if you live at a high level. Unfortunately, the interior designing leaves much to be desired from the opinions of the seniors. Back to our adventure,We wanted to take the lift up to the highest floor but needed a key card or something. We entered the lift and went to the 1st floor and Basement like 4 times. Finally, when we were quite dejected at our failure to make the lift go up, some saint on the 7th floor took pity on us and press the lift. Thank you very much. LOL. We took in the fresh air when we got to that level. Hey its the highest I've ever went to in the NUS campus, and I thought the air was distinctly sweeter? I live on the 18th floor of a HDB apartment. So I'm not being a nub head.

Cool, mature idiot

We were supposed to be ragging, but our adventure took up around an hour and a half. All of us have a procrastinating lazy bone built inside our human genome. After loads of photos(eg. some scandalous ones of some people) We grudgingly dragged ourselves back to the ragsite to provide our significant contribution to the rag cause. =)

Advertising coke in the unemployment box

Pasted an entire side of the house float with white paper. We also cut lots of mini cardboards for pasting on bottlecaps. Had to use contact glue for that. urgh... Glue sniffing, think my IQ just went down by a few points.
The entire day was peppered with some very enlightening conversations. I think my reputation just went from zero to negative? Wq says I look like an Ah gong in my new specs. Mature and serious should be more like it right? Please say you agree. Somehow, i generated a lot of comments which I presume don't really portray me in a very positive light. LOL. They were hilarious though. I shall keep them within the circle. If you're really curious, ok they just said I'm an innocent young man who can stand on his own two feet and drink lots of coke(that was totally random).

Had so many cakes. First up was a piece of carrot cake and chocolate cake. That was during lunch. Considering that it was $2.50 per piece, I thought it was bad. The cake was dry, crumbly and almost everything a cake isn't supposed to be. It still tasted sweet though. Ok, the cupcakes I made before were worsed as they turned out like cookies. Haha, thats for another time though. Then we had Black Forest Cake from ShanGri-la hotel. Thanks Pauline(boss), she just came back from Hong Kong and won the tennis tournament there. Woah, zhai! Sinful sinful. Dinner was LJS. Fried Food!

Watched videos of the senior project for one of the modules. They tickled my funny bone. Then there was the Indian Spoof of Michael Jackson's MTV. "girly man" ROFL. Played bridge and took photos with Kai Shi. Haha, she keeps nagging at me that I couldn't recognise her the other time. My reputation just keeps going down. lol.

Ming Hui, Kai Shi, Me


Top: Me, Shen
Bottom: Mh, Wq, KS

2 retards

Ok, 830pm. Time to go home. Mr Kevin Wong, led us up the wrong bus 188. Haha, took us to Imm instead. At least I led people up the wrong internal shuttle bus not the public one. The trip was comical, so it wasn't that bad. As long as the company's right, all trips are definitely enjoyable. Took a long stroll back to Jurong east mrt.

Finally arrived home at 930pm. Felt the guilt of the cakes and the food i ate, so I went for a night run. The cool night breeze really refreshes the body. Went for a 5km run. Felt really happy after that. Woo hoo.

On a sad note, I felt very upset when I heard about the lady who passed away giving birth to twins. A joyful event was marred by such misfortune. The children will never have the opportunity to feel the warmth and love of thier mother's embrace. The father must be totally broken. Hopefully, the human spirit of determination and courage will triumph in this time of adversity for this family. Life comes and goes, we should all accept that. The timing of it however can totally disrupt its natural progress. Hurtling the affected parties into a whirlwind of change that often creates a blackhole that they struggle to fill. I shall offer a minute of silence to reflect on this. I hope you would take a minute out of your busy schedule and do it too.

Ok, cheerios. May we all live an enriching and fulfilling life. Say no to drugs. =)

No comments: